Saturday, February 16, 2008

We are in Anhui

We have made it to Hefei, Anhui. We are at the Holiday Inn. It is nice. We are in a suite this time because I knew that we would need room for the two double beds and a roll away ... there are only king size beds in the suites but there would not be room in a regular room for a roll away, so Tacia and I are just going to share. My only reason for not wanting to do that was in case Cade came to sleep with me. All will be well though. Our guide is definitely not as confident as Angela. Her English is not very strong but she is very nice. We are going to head out on our own this evening to go to the supermarket. We will need some water. There is a spout in the bathroom that says drinking water, call me a chicken, but I am going to buy water still!

Tomorrow is it! We are to meet with our guide at 9:00 am. She said that it is only 15 minutes to the Civil Affairs Office and that we will spend about 30 minutes there with Cade before coming back here. I will post as soon as I can after of course we call and visit with James for a while.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. We have had an amazing trip so far. It is a very different experience all together than with Claire. We were spoiled only going to Beijing and Guangzhou last time!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! It's so much fun following ALL of you in China.

    Anxiously awaiting your "gotcha" photos.

    Kimberly in B'ham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, Best wishes for a wonderful
    Gotcha moment with Cade. Only 2 hrs and 20 min until you go to get him. So stinking exciting.
    Love and prayers, Jaci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I wish you a wonderful gotcha day!!!!
    Doreen from waitingSNChinaChildren

    ReplyDelete