Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lantern Festival!




** I am having trouble uploading photos today **

It is not every morning that you can wake up to fireworks! I have been teasing my adoption group all week that China was so excited that I was here that they have been letting off fireworks in my honor. Well, this morning you would have thought it was my birthday :) From 5 until 6 there were huge fireworks in the sky, then as the sun came up (or more hovered above the smoke from the fireworks) the firecrackers started again. Cade HATES them all and as we discovered today, planes going overhead. Poor, poor little boy, I am guessing he will get used too all those airplane as our house or just live his life in my arms!

Cade began to feel better this morning so we headed out to the park across the street. It has a temple in it and we saw many people who wanted to have their picture taken with us. One couple you could tell did very well financially. They stopped to talk to our guide as they had suspicions that we were adopting "this little girl." Imagine their surprise when Yvonne told them he was a boy. We showed them photos of our family and they must have thanked me five times for taking care of their babies. Such nice people. They wanted their photo with us also, so we got one too.

Cade began to get hot again so I headed back to the motel while dad and Tacia went to lunch with Yvonne. Cade's fever was spiking as high as it did last night and at that point I began to think that he was behaving much like Claire with her UTI's. Later today there was some "proof" that may support my idea. I am so glad to have started the antibiotics! This evening he is doing much better. I am SO grateful. Thank you for all the prayers.

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying he'll get well soon. He's beautiful. Congratulations. In Him, Jennifer Fletcher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank God for your discernment! So glad you have the antibiotics! Love you!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete