Cade, that sweet little man, has been giving us many smiles now. He runs up to Tacia and I with open arms and a big grin! He will travel in the stroller well and my arms are grateful for that. I may have said before, but he LOVES the stacking cups. They are the only thing that can keep his attention for more than a few minutes.
I was beginning to loose a bit of patience (seriously a hard thing to do) last night at dinner. Everything I gave Cade he would take, turn his head and spit in on the floor. He kept trying to get up every two seconds (not an exaggeration) so I was constantly sitting him back down trying to whisper "booya" in his ear so no one would think I was being mean to him. Just when I was about to forgo dinner for myself and go back to the room with him, I handed him the bowl. The boy did not move again! He tried to manipulate the spoon but when he couldn't, he simply ate out of it like a little puppy. It was SO funny and was the only meal I have not taken a camera to! I still tried to feed him during this time ... but he did not want anything to do with it. I figure he will learn how to feed himself or allow me to do it eventually because pure instinct will keep him from starving!
The orphanage visit was a treat. Director Lu is an angel of a woman and Cade is very fortunate to have been placed in her care. The nannies were exceptional and I even had a chance to visit with his doctor. (This will be the only post I will make about Cade's special need on this blog. If you would like to know more about his progress in this area outside of what I post today, feel free to email me privately at xocll27@msn.com and I will send you an invite to our private family blog.) His surgeries look AMAZING! I cannot tell you how pleased I am with them. Everything is working so well and IT LOOKS GOOD! I was most surprised by that. I expected there to be a repair but not for it to look cosmetically well. When I mentioned this to the doctor she simply said, "well, that is important." She is right!
After visiting with all the sweet babies from Cade's room and the one next to him, we went to lunch with the director and two of the nannies. It was such a nice meal and the first one I have enjoyed since having Cade with us because the nannies wanted him to sit with them! He was in full force, and they were good to just ignore him :) I suppose I just worry too much. He did eat for them though and that was good. I also learned what steamed egg was and it was NOTHING like what egg I have been trying to feed Cade! They asked about Cade's baba and where he was. I told them what a wonderful man he was and where he was currently at. I told them of how hard he has worked and his success in the military, they paid him a toast and said they wished he would come someday to see them and they would meet him then. They asked time and time again for us to bring Cade back when he speaks English :) They said that Cade has my cheeks and James' neck! They fed us so much and were so generous.
After lunch we went to Cade's finding location. Oh what a beautiful place. This would also be the location that tacia HAD to use the bathroom. Of course there were no western toilets and her squatty potty adventure left her a little "damp." It was then time to say goodbye and I could only hope that it was not forever. I would love nothing more than to bring Cade back to visit that beautiful city and those amazing women.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Maanshan
Posted by
Lisa
at
1:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So awesome to hear about your positive experience at the orphange. Makes me feel good to know my daughter was taken care of by these wonderful women as well. Your pictures of them look very familiar : )
ReplyDeleteI would like to read about Cade's medical journey if you would allow me to. My email is meweers@diodecom.net
Oh, by the way, did they give you a scrapbook with pictures and info? We got one, and so did someone else I know of from Ma'anshan. Blessings on the rest of your trip.
I wish we could have visited our daughter's orphanage in Shaanxi! We adopted Ariel, List 14 from CHI, last year. We are considering going again, so I have been following a few blogs. Hope all continues to go well for you!
ReplyDeleteIt is so good to hear how well Cade is adjusting. He sounds like a little whirlwind, just like my Ma'anshan child! And she's 12. Thanks for the pictures from Ma'anshan. Hope had a great relationship with Director Liu - she called her Auntie also. Thanks for sharing. I will show Hope as soon as she gets home.
ReplyDeleteI love Cade's beautiful smile!
ReplyDelete