Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Praise You In This Storm

As we have stumbled through this adoption process I have been brought to the feet of our Lord time and time again. There are incredible lyrics that a woman I have come to admire greatly, in the adoption world, posted to her blog over a year ago. They are from one of my favorite groups, Third Day. Until this last week I was quite angry with God. It's okay for me to say that He knew it already, I told Him :) These lyrics remind me of the days (weeks) I have not had my focus where it should be. I am so grateful that the Lord looks past all our stumbles. I know that God has a perfect purpose and plan in our timeline to Cade and exactly who would be traveling to get him. I do not understand it, but my desire is to simply trust and to glorify the Lord with the story that He is making for our lives.

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

As this song and the studies I have been reading have helped me to come through what was a very hard path to walk, I look forward to the songs and scriptures that the Lord will use to rejoice with me as Cade is enveloped into our family. The power and works of the Lord are evident today and if you do not believe me, look into the eyes of a small orphan boy. The Lord has used him to grow me personally and many others in our lives. Thank you Lord for this gift that you have given us. We are blessed beyond measure!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there. This song meant so much to me during our first adoption that I made a music video about it. We were able to visit our daughter in Guatemala but she could not come home with us for a year. Just wanted to share the video with you.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIJMbMSTrws

    Hugs, Angel

    ReplyDelete