We are on an adventure here. Tacia has been hit with a toy hammer and chopsticks now. Cade managed to take apart his highchair this morning and tried to whack me with it. He does not do it because he is mad ... he thinks it is funny!
We went to the Civil Affairs office again, signed all the paperwork and received Cade's passport. Cade played with Tacia and seemed to do okay. Once the nannies left he began to follow them looking back at us like he was disappointed because wasn't quite finished playing with us yet. I scooped him up and he began to giggle. He waved goodbye to the nannies. We ran into them again outside. He just waved again. He will have seen them for three days in a row once we go tomorrow and I think that it will almost take a few days after that for him to realize he is not going back.
After leaving the office we went to the grocery store and got clothing to take to the orphanage. When I asked what they needed, that is what I was told to get. I would imagine so considering that Cade took so many when he left! After the store we went back to the noodle restaurant downstairs and Cade was in full force. He would take noodles from me, turn his head and spit them all over the floor! UHHHHHG! He will not touch congee. All that I learned from Claire is doing me NO good with this little hurricane!
He and Claire are going to have SO much fun. I am looking forward to seeing them together.
Cade has been playing with the frog we sent to him for his birthday. The nannies said it was his favorite toy. He presses the button to listen to James' voice time and time again. He has been wrapping the frog in the newspaper then delivering it from the coffee table to the chair. He LOVES the stacking cups also. You hear this time and time again on adoption blogs and it is SO true! Claire was the same way.
We are going to head out here in a few minutes to buy Cade a new coat. The one I brought is just too small. It fits him "perfect" which translates to too small in Lisa's vocabulary! He does not look like he can move comfortably and I want him to be comfy! The weather here has been SO nice. It feels like home in the spring without the rain :)
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
He Is Ours!
Posted by
Lisa
at
12:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is so great! It's 5:30 a.m., sitting here at my desk before my shift starts and could hardly wait to get to my desk to see todays new posting. He is a beautiful child and with his strong will - he will definately fit into our family beautifully! I anticipate minimal transition time :)
ReplyDeleteLots of love to you, Tacia, your Dad and of course little man! :)
Love you,
Susan
Lisa,
ReplyDeleteCade is so HANDSOME!!!
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...
Chris..Lulu's mommy
It looks like he is adjusting beautifully to you. It's such an amazing thing how God prepares their little hearts for change. Can't wait to meet him. God Bless, Tamara
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Lisa!! He's adorable. I love the photo with the two of you laughing. Can't wait to see him with Claire.
ReplyDeleteLori C.
(Katie's Mama)