This has been an ire quiet couple months for the China adoption community concerning LID (log in dates). There are families who sent their dossiers July 30 who have not been given a LID. Ours did not leave until August 21 and was in China on August 24. We can only pray that they have been working on it since they got it and have just not taken the time to give us that date.
I continue to pray for the Lord's patience in this matter. It is so hard to have your little ones face and begin to grow to love him and not be able to get to him. I remember this wait with Claire, but I had confidence in our travel time and the Lord provided. I have not found myself so confident this time but more hopeful. That could be the difference in the amount of time I have been able to spend alone with the Lord this year compared to before Claire was here. She definitely takes up a bit more of my day!
I did do a little bit of shopping for Cade this week. I went to KMart and got him some sun glasses. They also had some Prang crayons on clearance for $0.19!! They are in a neat little case that will keep them from rolling off the tray on the plane. I got two sets for Cade and two for Claire. Jordon, Tori and Tacia all have their colored pencils and sketch books that we plan to take for the plane, so I knew that Claire and Cade would want to color also! Seems as if we left poor Jace out ... I am sure he will have no trouble sleeping and listening to music for the flights! He is also the videographer, he will most likely be having a field day editing video and photos for the trip home :)
I think that I need to start talking a bit about the trip and making plans. I love to plan things and I have been a bit too scared to start doing much of that before now. That is how I was feeling as we were waiting for our PA (pre approval) also. Once I painted the frog on the wall and put Cade's name up, everything began to fall together. That is my prayer this time also! Who knows, maybe China will decide that they are tired of issuing RA (referral acceptance letters) and will just start sending out TA (travel approvals) to all those waiting! We can pray!!!
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Quiet Weeks
Posted by
Lisa
at
11:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment