Friday, October 5, 2007

NEWS!

OK, well the news was not for us ... but it is something! Our agency received LOAs and PAs today! There were some families that were getting dangerously close to waiting 200 days for their LOA!!!!! YIKES! What a nightmare for them, but it was also truly beginning to scare me to pieces. I know that our timing is in the Lord's hands, it is just hard for me at times to give up that measure of control and needing to "know". I have tried to be a big girl through this adoption. It is harder than I thought, but I think that I know why. In our last adoption I kept my eyes on Christ. I did not know where else to turn. I did not know what to expect and I found refuge in the arms of the Lord. This time I have relied more upon my knowledge of adoption and the process. I am reminded of Peter. When he kept his eyes upon Jesus, he walked on water. Once he looked around and used his knowledge, he sunk. I need to refocus :) Praise God that He is there to pull us out of what we fall into.

I also wanted to report that the Stampin' Up fundraiser went well. I do not know how much we made, but there are other orders that will be getting turned in this week and then we will have an idea. I decided to use the "free product" to order cardstock to make cards to sell on Ebay to help even further with our fundraising. Tori and I are crocheting scarfs from the HUNDREDS of scanes of yarn that I inherited from my grandmother. We are going to sell them very inexpensive and maybe on Ebay also, but I think that a couple local holiday bazaars would be a good idea also. Let me know if you want a special order :)

No comments:

Post a Comment