Monday, June 25, 2007

Not the Best of Days ... all in the Lord's Hands!

Well, oh well. I have always thought that I can keep about a dozen things at once going in my head and stay pretty on track ... but these summer head aches, a husband in Iraq and a son in China must be taking a toll on my thinking. (Maybe I should drink more water?)

Anyway, I received our consulate package yesterday and I knew that was not a good sign. It had not been there long enough to get authenticated. Sure enough, I had forgotten to put copies of our paperwork in the package. Jenny and Michelle were here to eat pancakes in honor of a little boy who had just passed away from our new agency. I asked Jenny if she could run to Office Max to get them copied for me. Michelle and I served the kids breakfast, took photos and were waiting for Jenny to get back with the copies.

Michelle commented that it was taking Jenny a long time to make copies. I started to explain that it takes so long because the sheets can't be unstapled to just be put through the machine ... when I realized that I never told Jenny that the pages could not be unstapled!!! What on Earth was I thinking????? How could I have been so careless??? I thought that "maybe" I had mentioned it in the past but there was nothing I could do until she got back home.

When Jenny walked in the door, Alex was on the phone from Afghanistan. I saw the top page was not restapled and thanked her so much for not unstapling them. Just then I pulled back the next page and saw that they had been unstapled. Jenny starts to cry and am trying to hug her to day it is okay. Poor Alex is on the phone thinking that he is making Jenny cry. It was a mess. I felt so bad. I figured we would just head down to Olympia to restart the authentication process. I contacted our agency and they were SO supportive. We have sent in on to just "see" what the consulate does with it. So, please pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment