It has taken some twists and turns to get to this point, but we are heading in the direction we believe the Lord is leading us. We are preparing to file a letter of intent to adopt a little boy from China. I know, I know ... we had our dossier ready to be sent to the agency for our adoption from Vietnam. Then I came home that evening after getting everything state authenticated and received a letter from an agency that I pray for their waiting children. They had two children who were now available again. I went to look at their pictures and there was a little boy on their site whose name was Cade. It was amazing. I thought that I had even made up the name myself. (Just a reminder from "Queen Mum" ... there is nothing new under the sun ... she tells me this all the time.)
I thought that the name was an unusual coincidence, and then I read about his special need. He has the same special need as Claire, except that he has already received most of his corrective surgery. I had told Michelle about a year ago that I thought a little boy that the Lord had for us, would have this kind of special need. (I believe that we were getting our paperwork authenticated for Claire's adoption when I was telling her this.) It is amazing how the Lord works! There is no wonder that I felt so strongly that we needed to adopt last October either, because both our China babies were alive and waiting for us at that time!
This will definitely squelch any plans of going to Vietnam for adoption. We have decided that we are finished. The Lord may change our hearts, but I believe that we have completed what He has called us to with adoption into our family.
I am also very excited about going back to China. I loved it there and I really wanted to take our children. It is an experience like no other. If James is home at that time, we would like to take our whole family. If he is on deployment, I am going to take the two older girls and go. I would like to take my mom, Susan, Jenny, Michelle, Deana, Deanna all my friends really. They have all be so supportive and encouraging. Even through all the ups and downs in adoption, they have always just "stuck it out" with me. We could be our own little tour group!
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
How did the Lord get us here????
Posted by
Lisa
at
11:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment