Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What a Break!

Wow I really took a break from blogging. To be honest it was probably a good thing. I have updates and photos to post when I get back home. I decided to use the blog again to help keep people informed about Cade's hospital stay. In the beginning I did not think I would do that but in an effort to protect his privacy, I will just keep things vague. The important part will be that you will all know that he is here and can be praying for him. 


Cade was admitted a day early for some prep work before his surgery. He is to go in tomorrow at 1:00 but they are hoping things will go smoothly in the morning and they will be able to fit him in sooner. One surgeon visited with us today and said that for his part he may or may not take the opportunity to do a larger scaled surgery. he is going to see how in depth the other surgeons part is. If he is able to complete the large procedure we will not have to come back for four years. If he is not able to complete a larger procedure tomorrow, we will be back in four months to do this again. Please pray that we can wait the four years and not the four months!

Cade is being a very good patient. I am considering investing in a hospital bed to wheel out in the living room when I need a day off. The boy is so still, quiet and smiley! I wish I would have brought y camera since I can barely believe it myself and would like some proof to show you :)

Oh, please pray for a certain situation with our admittance into the hospital as well. There is a woman who for some reason just is always dragging us along when it comes to scheduling. I really like this woman as a person but honestly, it seems she has messed up EVERY single time we have had to be scheduled for anything. Since I love scheduling things and seeing a plan come together this has been a source of real irritation for me. Today, when we arrived at the hospital, there was no record of us coming in. I thought our paperwork was in the hands of another lady so I was actually beginning to feel better about my run in with the first woman mentioned. Well, as the three HOURS of checking in to the hospital began to unfold, we learned that it was indeed my "old friend" who was the one who had not done what was needed. I have been told that it is time to do something about this. I want to be sure that is the right path. I am not sure what I want other than other families to not have to go through the same thing. Anyway, if you could please pray that I will know what is the best course of action if any.

By the way, Cade will not be alone in his hospital stay. Claire will be admitted on Wednesday for a small procedure that she is having done. We are hoping that they get out of the hospital about the same time. It would be ideal! Thanks for your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. We love you all and are praying for the kids and your "special friend" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of Cade in IN.
    I hope everything goes smoothly.
    He just has the sweetest face, but I'm sure, being his Momma and all, you already know this. :)

    Best wishes!
    Karrie in IN

    ReplyDelete