Thursday, August 7, 2008

Camping and Idaho!






Cade has now experienced his first camping trip! Our family (minus Jace, who thought a month in Europe sounded like more fun than camping) joined James' command for a weekend of camping. We took along two tents and more supplies than I knew we had for three days of fun. Of course we expected to leave from camping and head straight to Idaho. Unfortunately I hurt my knee and we had to go back home for a day before leaving but leg in brace and a day late ... leave we did!

This was our first trip to Idaho in over two years. We celebrated my mom's birthday with her, attended a family reunion with James' mom and spent the majority of our time with our cousins Travis, Maxine and their kids. We took off for a few days to give way to other family visiting town and went to Yellowstone! It was James' first visit to the park. 

While we were at Yellowstone we got to see the most amazing sight. A grizzly bear had drug an elk, who had been hit by a car, down a large embankment to the rivers edge and sat there all day in an effort to consume it. It was amazing! The park ranger said that they had the four extra rangers standing watch because they were expecting another bear to pick up the scent at anytime and come to check things out! We did not stay at that spot long enough to find out.

As soon as we got back home we went for a visit with our social worker ... the reason ... CADE HAS BEEN HOME ALMOST 6 (I said six) MONTHS!!!! Can you believe it??? We can't! She was so happy with the progress he has had. She said that I am not the only one who has had a hard time bonding with a child! I knew that already but it is always good to hear that you are not alone. She said that she would feel good about even less progress, so we are doing good! Cade has been sitting with me quite a bit, running to me when he is upset and calling for me to help him. We are fitting into a groove and it is starting to feel as if he has always been here. I couldn't feel more blessed! 


1 comment:

  1. I am glad things are smoothing out. Wait until a year goes by, I bet it will be hard to remember the times that the bonding was tough.

    ReplyDelete