Our agency was able to get information for us Friday about our LOA. It is in China. Yes, we kind of already knew that but now we know that we DO HAVE a letter of approval. That make Cade completely ours as soon as we sign it :) The problem is that 12 families dossiers went to China in August when a new computer system was being put into place. It not only delayed our LIDs but it also has caused an accounting problem. The CCAA(China Center of Adoption Affairs) needs to line up proof of our payment with our LOA before it can be sent.
I really liked our old agency, it seemed that they would go above and beyond for us. This new agency is doing no less. An added bonus is that most of them have been there and done that so they know just how we are feeling. A representative from our agency will be going to China on Tuesday and meeting with the CCAA on Thursday, hopefully to not only show evidence of receipt of payment but to pick up our LOAs. I was able to sleep much better Friday evening after learning this news. It was hard to accept as it meant most likely not travel until the end of February. That time frame does not work out well with James' work.
Saturday I woke early and left with Jenny to finish my Christmas shopping. It was not until later that evening that I came home to the new news. The families with our agency who had a LID after us, all the way through October, had received their LOAs. Please know that I as much as anyone wants to see these kids come home to their forever families, but I did not take that news as well as I had hoped. I pouted all the way down to Jenny's house and cried on her shoulder for about a half an hour before I began to rearrange pictures and other items on her walls :)
The good news is that because of this, our agency is advocating for us to have expedited TAs. We are praying that these TA's make it to us in record time. We are praying for a turn around of even one week. This would allow us to still go to Cade at the end of January. This would not only bring Cade to us a month earlier but would also keep James from feeling as if he is placing his work in a hard position.
We very much appreciate every one's love and support. I will post as soon as we hear anything on Thursday or Friday.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Our LOA has been found ...
Posted by
Lisa
at
1:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment