I have not been updating this blog very well but I do so today with a heavy heart. I come to you all today and ask for your prayers. China's earthquake has been heavy on my heart. There are near 51,000 dead and approximately 29,000 still unaccounted for. One orphanage alone has been informed that they should expect 50-60 more children to be brought to them who are orphaned from the quake. Everything in me wants to jump on a plane to go do what I can. I cannot do that so what I must do is pray and I ask that you do the same.
Secondly, as many of you may already know, Steven Curtis Chapman and his family lost their youngest family member last night in a tragic accident. Maria Chapman, 5 years old, was struck by an SUV driven by her teenage brother as he backed out of their driveway. The family was gathered to celebrate the engagement of their oldest daughter and were preparing for the upcoming celebration of their oldest son's graduation. Other children were in the front yard and witnessed the accident.
You may remember that Shaohannah's Hope helped us bring Claire home by providing all our flights to and from China. The Chapman's are who formed Shaohannah's Hope and they have been instrumental in helping bring many children home to their forever families. If you would please pray for this family and keep this young man especially in your heart. He will be dealing with one moment in time for the rest of his life.
Blessings, Lisa
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Please Pray
Posted by
Lisa
at
2:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We completely share with you in the pain. Lot's of tears being shed for the Chapman family at this time across the Christian and Adoption world. This along with the earthquake are just more reminders that each and every day we have with our loved ones need to count. Praise God for the hope they have that they will see their daughter again in Heaven. God Bless, Tamara
ReplyDelete