After a full week of not hearing anything about our adoption, I decided to pack a bag. I have decided to walk forward as if we are leaving right after Christmas and only taking Claire with us. I packed all of Cade and Claire's items (minus diapers and pull ups) into one rolling bag and we are just under 44 lbs!!!! YEA!
***For those who are not aware; you are only allowed 44 pounds per person to travel in country in China***
It is sad to admit, but I have packed more clothes for Cade than I have Claire! What's that about???? You always hear how girls require more room to pack. I guess I just can't wait to dress a little boy again. Plus I am taking a few sizes to make sure they fit. I already know that all of Claire's clothes fit, we had a fashion show the other night to make sure.I also packed a few pounds of candy to take to the kids at the orphanage. I pray that it is a very small token of love to them.
I think that it will be easier for me to just go forward in this way. I would LOVE to take all the kids with us to get Cade. What they would see there, could be life changing. I am guessing that it was just not a part of the Lord's plan. It is still possible that we could get our paperwork in time, but very unlikely at this point. If it is His plan He will work it all out when it is time, but for now I have to get ready for an after Christmas trip. It will relieve a whole lot of stress that I have put on myself. I really enjoy the packing and planning part of a trip so this will help me to enjoy this part.
This will also take much stress off both James and myself as we won't have to try to make up for extra travel costs. We are getting close to covering our travel costs now. We were expecting to have to find a way to charge the children's travel then make up for it later but we have not looked forward to going back into debt. It was not a place that we enjoyed in the past.
I do appreciate every ones prayers for us. We do not always like the answers that the Lord gives us but I trust Him and know that this must be what is best for our family. I am just eternally grateful that He has chosen us to raise another of His children. What a blessing that is.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
I Did It
Posted by
Lisa
at
6:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lisa-
ReplyDeleteI packed a bag in faith yesterday too!! My husband says I have too many outfits for Mei Mei, but I've never dressed a girl and I just can't decide!!
Thinking about you today. I have emailed my friend about Jade.
Liz