Yesterday we had to take Claire to Children's for a medical appointment. Along the way we decided to get some loose ends tied up in our preparation for Cade. I had not yet gotten Cade, shoes, pj's, a winter coat, a car seat or bedding.
I was able to find a nearly new coat at a thrift store in Seattle. It was an 18 month and I was looking for a 24 month or 2T, but I really just felt like this was the right one. I suppose if it does not fit I will just leave it at the orphanage and buy him a new one there.
Claire has always loved the Carter's pj's from Costco, so I stopped by there to pick up Cade a couple pairs. They are so cute. One has green with dark green stripes and a dinosaur. The other is red with small brown stripes with a fire engine. All boy!!!!!
Our last find was Cade's car seat. It is the same brand as Claire's but no PINK!!!! I will be ordering the extra cover today. This was the best investment ever for Claire. I am not sure how people do it without an extra cover for their car seats.
I was not able to find the bedding that I have been envisioning for Cade. I keep thinking that I can just buy him a crib sheet and forget the "bedding" idea, but I am still holding out hope :) I also was not able to get Cade shoes. I am just not sure what to get. I took Robeez for Claire and they worked great. I am just not sure that Robeez are the best idea for winter. I suppose I could just carry Cade everywhere :)
Our agency has not gotten any news since Monday when they got PA's (pre-approvals) for a few families. I cannot help but hold out hope that we will be hearing something very soon about our LOA. Please do not think that I am not giving our timing to the Lord. I trust that we will travel at a time that the Lord has designed perfectly for us and Cade. I just have felt a recent urgency to prepare, so I will continue to do so. Please pray that Cade's heart will be prepared for us as we prepare for him.
Friday, November 2, 2007
Getting Ready for Cade
Posted by
Lisa
at
8:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment