Thursday, January 11, 2007

We have chosen ... it's Vietnam!!!!

OK, so we have not found Cate, but we do believe we know where God is sending us next. We are stepping forward to start our paperwork for Vietnam!!! It is interesting to me that over a year ago when we began our initial adoption process, I told my sister in law Susan, that we would go to China first and then Vietnam ... I never really dreamt that the Lord would really be so gracious to us. Our six month post placement visit with Claire is the end of February, first of March. We hope to complete our Vietnam hope study at that time and have our dossier to Vietnam by April or May. As quick as we can get our I-171h paperwork back from immigration. The wait time is currently 8-12 months. As with China, we know that this can change drastically, especially as China's rules are changing. I think that many more people will be looking into the Vietnam adoption program. The timing is the Lord's and I will continue to pray for His patience and peace. Choosing Vietnam also provides us with some extra time to save up for this adoption and not rush so quickly as we would be feeling if we were to choose a child now from the current waiting children lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment